East German Pottery Vase – Yellow
Strehla was founded in 1828 and took its name from the town in Saxony where the company began. Production was varied – utilitarian and decorative. After WWII the region became East German, under Communist rule from 1950 – 1980’s. Production during this time was known as VEB Sachsen, Steingutfabrik, Strehla. VEB Volkseigener Betrieb (state owned). Their work tended to be more conservative than those manufacturers from the West. Much of their production was exported. The factory closed in 1989.
This vase measures 19cm high.